Take your Thanksgiving leftovers beyond the same old turkey sandwich. Whip up a turkey and veggie Shepherd’s Pie with a few simple ingredients.
Post-Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie
- 1½ cups vegetables from 1 package Eat Smart Vegetable Medley vegetable bag, chopped into small bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups leftover gravy
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat, shredded
- 2½ cups leftover mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup milk (optional)
- In a large skillet, add vegetables, gravy and stock. Simmer gently until vegetables are tender and liquid is slightly thickened.
- Add in turkey and heat through.
- Pour filling into either an 8 x 8-inch oven-proof dish or individual ramekins.
- Warm mashed potatoes in the microwave, adding milk to thin to spreadable consistency, if needed.
- Spread potatoes on top of turkey mixture and bake in a preheated 350º oven for about 35 minutes until the mixture is bubbly around the edges and the potatoes are slightly browned on top (25 minutes for individual ramekins).